PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - Shaft the CRJ fleet pilots again!
Old 27th Apr 2003, 16:34
Hap Hazard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AA I agree, but unfotunately flybe are not the only company who slump to these tactics.
Relatively poor industry standard wages and conditions not only means that these type of employers have some sort of mechanism in place to recoup even a few pounds and is one of the few ways they can hold onto staff for more than a year.
Its not legal(?) and its not right when you are being forced onto a new type and effectively do not have a choice, other than loose your job.
Unfortunately we pilots are our own worst enemies, as its all about supply and demand and what those morlalistic employers can get away with.
A company I worked for insisited we pay a new 3 year bond when the phased out their old fleet, regardless of time with company, as a result I had a continuos 51/2 yrs bond period from joining them.
In the end I simply got fed up with their disregard for their employees and the constant moving around the country at MY expense, paid up my remaining bond after 3 1/2 yrs service and 4 moves, got out and havent looked back.
Treat them like they treat you, and yes BALPA, or someone needs to address these situations as under European law they appear to be making you sign an illegal document.
This whole industry is a law unto itself and works on trust from its employees, why then cant the employers show the same levels of trust?
Rant over.........