PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dutch coastal route below 1500' / Valkenburg
Old 27th Apr 2003, 15:03
Aussie Andy
PPruNaholic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dutch coastal route below 1500' / Valkenburg

Hi all,

A bit of local knowledge would be helpful: anyone familiar flying along this bit of the Dutch coast?

On return leg of a flight being planned to northern Germany for next weekend, we're thinking of routing back via a slightly different route.

So, having transitted central Holland on the outbound trip, I am thinking of routing back VFR via IJmuiden thence coastal until past Rotterdam, to the HSD (Haamstede) VOR.

This looks OK on the Jeppesen VFR chart as long as we obviously stay below the Schiphol class A, which starts from 1500' and up... the only apparent obstacle being the class C airspace (from surface to 3000') surrounding Valkenburg naval air station about 10NM south east of Schiphol.

We'll be doing this on the Monday, so presumably they'll be working? Or is Monday of the May Day weekend also a holiday in Holland?

Assuming they are open, then can I further assume that I would reasonably expect to get a transit through their space?

Cheers all!

Andy

P.S. my working assumption for pronunication of IJmuiden is "eye may den" - anyone care to set me straight!?

Last edited by Aussie Andy; 27th Apr 2003 at 16:38.