PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in Africa (2011 onwards) part 3.
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2014, 17:16
TheBigD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sascha,

fATPL is license like any other CPL with bit more.That "bit more" is another year of studying aeronautical theory
Actually, an FATPL is just a CPL. What did your certificate/license say after your received your "frozen" atpl (fATPL or CPL)?

Look man, all we are getting it as that for the bush (or any job for that matter - flying or non flying), you need to have a good attitude and be willing to work hard. That extra year of theoretical training , eh, so it tells me you have good rote memorization skills. Sure you read and studied and memorized a few questions about CB and density altitude but not until you start flying in the bush will you get real world not theoretical knowledge and REALLY understand the importance of w&B, the effects of a forward and aft CG, the importance of density altitude, and how all of these, if not adhered to, can make you a statistic. Understand local weather and especially be respectuful of CB's. Most importantly, and they don't teach you that in that extended year of ground training is to have a good attitude, have some good common sense, work hard, leave the chip on your shoulder at home, be a good all around dude, enjoy beers with your fellow coworkers and don't be a Richard, be humble, be willing to learn from the more experienced bush guys...

To the bush pilots out there , sorry if I wrote something that may be incorrect and feel free to correct me.

(disclaimer I have never done bush flying in Africa; although some day......).

To the mods, sorry for the thread drift.

Last edited by TheBigD; 24th Apr 2014 at 21:36.