PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2014, 21:41
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
More than 5500 posts and we are back, training in the US circa 1942. But what a fantastic adventure we have been on since post number 1. And luckily, contributors still enthuse us with their stories. I'm sure after holding the fort for so long, Danny must feel he has been given a bit of a holiday with the arrival of the "new chaps", don't go sloppy on us Danny, we still expect continuation of your career. Its great to see some more, and possibly conflicting, fleshing out of life under training in the USA in 42. What a truly different world it all must have been, I can only equate it to my joining the RAF in 1969, when I left a large family in a Staffordshire farming village, to become an apprentice at RAF Halton. It was like arriving on a totally different planet. For some this is the classic PPRUNE Military thread, for most of us it's just compulsive reading. I just wanted to pay due respect to the men who are our link to our history, and still have a story to tell. Keep it going chaps, we are all following, in close formation.

Smudge