PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 4
Thread: SOUTHEND - 4
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2014, 20:49
Jamie2k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if Stobart knew about Flybe's plans to open up a base at City before they signed a franchise agreement? I bet they didn't the same way that they didn't have a clue about what was going on at Cologne. Even though both airports serve different markets I would think that Flybe City routes would stop an equivalent route from Southend from being started.
Don't see how this has any relevance on Flybe's LCY news.

Flybe have no real interest in SEN, if they did they would be operating their own metal. Stobart are taking all the risk with these new routes and BE earning extra revenue from allowing their brand name to be used. If they had of known about LCY plans I'm sure Stobart had little choice as what other British brand would of sold the Stobart routes. Flybe don't need SEN or Stobart but will gladly take the revenue it may bring.

Not overly convinced the Stobart routes will be successful long term either.

Crazy that flyBE are now planning to operate from LCY to EDI versus BA's Airbuses when they would have a guaranteed load factor from SEN....
Nothing crazy about it, yes LCY may not work out for them up aginst competitors however operating the same routes form SEN would be commercial suicide. They picked the best out of the limited choice.