PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPPL (SSEA) and BGA Glider Pilots Licence to LAPL (S), (A) and TMG rating...
Old 23rd Apr 2014, 11:05
jollyjoe321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NPPL (SSEA) and BGA Glider Pilots Licence to LAPL (S), (A) and TMG rating...

Hi all,

I thought I'd got this sorted, when I initially found out about the EASA LAPL I only held a BGA Glider Pilots Licence, of which the conversion is well documented and instructions are easily available...

However! A new item has been thrown into the mix, this summer I will complete my NPPL (SSEA)... I understand that I should convert this to an LAPL (A), and the BGA GPL should be converted to an LAPL (S). (Bit of a pain they aren't on the same licence as ratings, whoop de doo).

Now, I can deal with the conversion, but I intend on flying Touring Motor Gliders (TMG), and apparently I can get a rating for this on both the LAPL (S) and (A)....!

I was just wondering what options are available here, I'm more likely to lose my LAPL (S) through lack of flying hours than the LAPL (A)...

Should I do differences training on my NPPL (SSEA) to also get an NPPL (SLMG), and send both off with my LAPL (A) licence application to get the rating on the LAPL (A), or should I wait and get the rating on my LAPL (S)...

Heeeeeeelp!

Thanks in advance guys.