PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help - Family of 5 but only NPPL(m) - what license type / conversion path?
Old 23rd Apr 2014, 09:46
Gbandera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies for the delayed responses but my posts are still being moderated.

I do get what people are saying regarding how common will flying with the family be. However, I really do think this will be more often than perhaps is common - namely because;
  • My wife is totally hooked and is learning to fly herself.
  • My eldest son has be aircraft mad since 3 years old, already spends far more time than he should flying FSX (properly), reads all sorts of texts (including Pooleys), and is not reach 8 years yet!
  • My youngest son is already following in his brothers footsteps.
  • My daughter doesn't have an interest in flying herself, but is extremely into being a passenger!

As such I can honestly see lots of bimbling, along with annual holidays within the UK and Europe involving private aviation...indeed the £100 burger is going to be more like the £125 burger!

I honestly get that most people will think of whisking the entire family off at regular intervals and it never transpires (indeed I see it at my club where spouses get dragged along every once in a while much to their clear displeasure!) - but dinner table conversation in my house revolves around GA, and it is often hard to divert the subject. Indeed my wife and I talk about the kids, or flying - that's about it!!

To be honest I cannot believe how lucky I am - I have a successful business that can support my hobby, and a wife / family that are genuinely as enthusiastic as I am - can you ask for more I ask??!