PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern
Thread: China Southern
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2014, 07:47
Chinos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Now I remember again, why I don't waste any time on this site… Thanks for the typical smartass pilot reply, savage.

Just wanted to mention that its far from obvious and not everyone is following the inside info on these job offerings. Hence the use of this forum. It may dawn on you that some people might be trying to figure out the validity of the "basing" offerings made by these China companies. There are a lot of different ways to define basings,- for starters:

Some think its a commuting base and you can jumpseat to your heart's content on the employing airline to your home country.

Some think its an operational base, where you start and finish your of days in between flights as well as contractual OFF time ( i.e.,10/15 days or 2/3 weeks in a row, whatever the contract is).

There are huge difference in the implications of the above, since China is neither close to the US, OZ, South America or Europe, which probably makes for the main target pilot demographic interested in these jobs.
You can spend 40 hours commuting on a jumpseat per month or you can have this time in an operating seat and thus make up of approx. 1/2 of your monthly contractual working commitment toward the airline.

So I would like to invite anyone with some "real" information on CSA or any other Chinese airline that offers operating bases in countries other than China or the already mentioned Oz.

Please pm me, anyone, with some real feedback on how it gets handled on a day to day basis by CSA.

Thanks a lot.