PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flydubai B737NG Type Qualification Program
Old 23rd Apr 2014, 07:39
Pilot1989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aviation in General

Dear All,

I have been following this thread for the last couple of months and I am considering the option that CAE/EMIRATES training centre is offering. I am graduated since 2010 at the CAE flight academy in the Netherlands and since then I kept training on the B737-NG certified simulator every month to keep up skills and improve the CRM in general. To me, this is mandatory to be interested for the Ailrine industries. Since graduation I have made more then 120 hours on the B737 sim and to be honest; my level of being a pilot has doubled since my graduation...

I do want to say a couple of things about the attitude that some of you seem to have in general;
This program offers a CHANCE for pilots that are aware of their skills and know that they are up to date if it comes to flying and CRM skills. What Alive is saying about making a drop of 300 ft on a steepturn sounds to me if you have not considered this chance accurately..I do find it sad for you that you have not been invited, but saying that this program is not good or should not be trusted is a little bit too overjudged..

If I read the requirements and options that could be offered to pilots, it is not that much different compared to i.e. Ryanair... Try to think about the fact dat a Ryanair TR costs 30k instead of the 21k from Flydubai ( if you have already a JOC ofcourse ), and that Ryanair does not guarentee you with a job.. you receive a 0 hour contract ( and ofcourse as we all know you will be flying 800 hours a year --> If your base is a good one.. )

If you all are F-ATPL pilots and want to become an Airline pilot, stop discussing about the benefits that airlines and the aviation industry is making, wake up --> ofcourse they are having porches and ferrari's at CAE/EMIRATES training centre, Dubai itself is full with these kinds of cars...

As long as you admire the life and work as an airline pilot you should accept that the airlines and aviation industry is using you as an employee.. come on guys, the moment you started your initial flight training you should have considered this..right?!!

Please see my comment as a positive feedback from a colleague F-ATPL pilot who is also in search of his dreamjob, but keep up and try to see the positive signs instead of the negatives...

NOTE: I am a just a Flying Dutch Men and not somebody from Dubai or whatever... keep focussing on what is important guys --> FLYING

All the best to you all,

Cheers,

B.van E.