PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This confirms something!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2014, 07:13
Chocks Away

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My my my, what fools
Number one rule is Research and if you have questions, ask someone that knows and research more!

I can tell you, straight from the B777 FCOM, the Tripla has stall protections at altitude (amoungst other times), especially with Autopilot engaged. To get into that situation on the film would require a crew to purposely heave back on the column.

An AUTOPILOT caution message and roll or pitch mode failures alert the pilot if the envelope is exceeded, and the autopilot prevents further envelope violations.
Stall protection limits the speed to which the airplane can be trimmed. At approximately the minimum maneuvering speed, stall protection limits the trim reference speed so that trim is inhibited in the nose up direction. The pilot must apply continuous aft column force to maintain airspeed below the minimum maneuvering speed.
I won't go on further regarding auto throttle behavior and the like.
It just shows that the software of this fixed base sim in Perth is not the same as the real full flight sim in Silverwater, NOR the real B777 with the Honeywell Fly-by-wire and AIMS.
(That demonstrated stall would happen in a 737 so maybe a good idea to upgrade your software fellas?)

Last edited by Chocks Away; 23rd Apr 2014 at 14:58.