PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR(R) on EASA license
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2014, 21:56
BEagle

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
Level Attitude, please read Annex to ED Decision 2014/022/R. On .pdf p104/105 you will find the following, the last clause of which I have indicated in red:

AMC5 to Appendix 6 Modular training courses for the IR

SECTION Aa IR(A) – COMPETENCY-BASED MODULAR FLYING TRAINING COURSE (6)(a)(i)(B); (6)(b)(i)(B) PRIOR EXPERIENCE OF FLIGHT TIME UNDER IFR AS PIC

A rating giving privileges to fly under IFR and in IMC referred to in (6)(a)(i)(B) and (6)(b)(i)(B) may be any of the following:
(a) an EIR rating issued by a competent authority of a Member State; or
(b) a national instrument rating issued by a Member State prior to the application of Commission Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011; or
(c) an instrument rating issued in compliance with the requirements of Annex 1to the Chicago Convention by a third country; or
(d) an authorisation issued by a Member State under Article 4(8) of Commission Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011.

The amount of credit given should not exceed the amount of hours completed as instrument flight time.
slw29, I do not know for sure whether the PPL/IR website comments were written before the AMC&GM were released (although I suspect they probably were); nevertheless, the AMC&GM does represent the true facts of the matter, which discussions with the CAA have also indicated to be an area of common understanding.

Last edited by BEagle; 22nd Apr 2014 at 22:14.