PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No POH in my aeroplane?
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2003, 01:18
Pilotage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what was the basis for issue of a permit on these aeroplanes? Was it....

BCAR Section K "Light Aeroplanes", which at K7-5(2.1) says "A Flight Manual, hereinafter referred to as "the Manual", shall be supplied with each aeroplane..."

JAR-VLA "Very Light Aeroplanes", which at VLA1581 says "A Flight Manual must be furnished with each aeroplane"

BCAR Section S "small light aeroplanes", which at S1581 says "A pilots handbook must be furnished with each aeroplane"

INterestingly I just did a search through the ANO and can't find any mention of flight manuals / POH in any context whatsoever.

I can see the point with some vintage aeroplanes that predate such things, but I'd have thought as a matter of commonsense and good practice PFA/CAA and owners clubs would have produced POH? What you say certainly to me is more than a little disturbing, are people really buying PFA aeroplanes, possibly single seaters, and flying them without any approved safety operating data ?

Looking at their websites, the BMAA's permit renewal form clearly requires the POH to be checked, but the leaflet on the PFA's website about permit renewal makes no mention of a manual. It does seem rather odd to me if the PFA's light aircraft are apparently being operated to a lower standard, in this respect at-least, than microlights are?

P