PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Rivet Joint
Thread: RAF Rivet Joint
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2014, 21:45
dragartist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This Book

CPants you are one angry dude. I hope in writing your book you have cast aside some demons. I wish you a long and happy retirement. Spend time maintaining the Warbirds at your Commemorative Air Force or what ever you call it. I am sure that is more rewarding than the 55th and your skills will not be wasted. I do have some empathy for your situation.

WRT these three airplanes we have acquired I hope they have not been through the facility at Offurt you describe. Out of date rubbers, no inspections on high pressure cylinders. misplaced spacers, incorrectly routed cables chaffing through fairleads etc. As I understand, these three aircraft which may have been subject to blue fluid leaks and urine have been completely rebuilt by L3 at Greenville. You state that the TOs (APs in English) have been updated to reflect the latest build standard. I am sure our representatives will have validated the publications and maintenance schedules by crawling all over the aircraft at Greenville and over here. I know when I bought some US kit that was subject to ITAR we were forbidden from taking the lid off the box. This was the first thing we did and found out why! not all us Brits are that gullible.

I hope the MAA the Royal Air Force and the Air Seeker IPT can find a way to understand and mitigate the "known unknowns", demonstrate that the safety target is achieved etc.

Not sure if it is down to Tuc to send them a copy of your book.