PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have around 300 pilots left RYR lately?
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2014, 14:26
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stiglet

Narrow a Runway will be telling everyone how wonderful his job is in a minute. I'm surprised he hasn't done this already as it's a common feature in many of his postings.

Anyway, I'm only jealous, as he will undoubtably claim. I probably am, in a way, as I would like to have a better position than the one that I have at the moment. However this may also also be down to the 'grass is always greener' bug that most of us pilots appear to catch. I'm also aware that I'm not exactly in a bad position either.

I will agree with something, this thread is about pilots leaving FR. Not their training department, training standards, pilot ability, MOL's ramblings or an opportunity to kick the **** out of Ryanair by every second poster. But this is pprune, and keeping to the point is a common challenge.

I will say one thing about the subject at hand. While the official number of resignations may never be known, it certainly feels much more than the 'exodus' a number of years back when Emirates recruited en mass. And to be perfectly blunt, I can't see much let up as the company appear to be doing little to nothing in order to appease it's pilots. This summer will be an interesting one, so I'm told.