PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it really worth being a helicopter pilot now?
Old 21st Apr 2014, 08:37
Rdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Thanks everyone

Hey, Original poster here. And Wow. I'm Surprised this thread is still going after all those years. There were some really helpful comments in this thread that really made me comfortable in deciding not to pursue piloting as a career. I think It took me about a month or so after I created this thread that I decided it would be a decision I would regret pursuing a career in Aviation. Sadly most of you guys are right. Excluding the military, there's just way too much personal and financial sacrifice/risk to make piloting helicopters a good career choice. Which is a shame, but sticking true to my passion I do fly fixed wing aircraft when I can afford to.

I've shared this thread to friends of mine that wanted to pursue a career in Aviation. I Was surprised how many of them didn't really understand what it would take for them to get to their dream job in aviation. Some of them also decided to focus on something else instead, some of them are still sticking to it today.

thanks for all of those who shared their experiences and all the helpful comments again. Going to be a few less jobless pilots thanks to this thread . I'm still pursuing my business career. Right now I'm just about getting started in studying in business school.