PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Badgery's Creek YET AGAIN!
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2014, 00:50
ranmar850

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One pertinent point here,I believe , is that Abbot is very aware of the accusation that the Howard years were wasted with regards to infrastructure construction--of course, without all the money that was banked during that time, Labour couldn't have spent it's way through the GFC and then claimed they "saved" us with brilliant governance.. Anyway,I digress. This is precisely the sort of infrastructure project he can get going, and then hold up as an example of how to get things done. It's really ready made-the need is there,the land is already owned, the rail is most of the way there already, as are the roads, and regardless of what local Labour members may say, majority of people in the west really want it. And want it as a 24 hour operation--So much of the curfew on Mascot was about saving the vote in Albanese's electorate, and the party hack who had it before him, can't remember his name.
Of course, I may be completely wrong, and the rampant cynicism expressed in most of the posts on this may prove to be well--founded. Time will tell. Just remember that this is a bloke who is not poll-driven, and will REALLY dig his heels in when the pressure is on. Just ask Allan Joyce.