PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Maintenance Changes
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2014, 22:25
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Again the question is "are we legal."
I don't think those words mean much to senior QF management. As pilots and engineers we are taught from day 1 'You must be SAFE AND LEGAL - and they are NOT the same'. I just don't think these guys (like MP) actually understand the issues. Their world is based on what you can get away with, the worst they are likely to come across in their lives is losing their job. The 'real' world Qf operates in (like you do something wrong and lots of people are likely to die very quickly) is diametrically opposed to the nice fluffy world of cash-flow projections and PPT presentations.

A bad day for a senior QF manager is a leaking pen, or losing your smartphone in the toilet at Rockpool. Trying to explain a double engine failure at V1 in a nasty crosswind will just get a blank look. I don't think they understand 'cause' and 'effect'.

Which is why an Engineer, Pilot, F/A and Ground staff member really needs to be on the board, so they can explain to the numpties what it is an airline REALLY does and what it NEEDS to do. And it sure as hell aint Lounges and shiny new corporate HQ's.