PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA City Express BHX & MAN - Latest "Rumour"
Old 26th Apr 2003, 16:29
LAF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
y

No truth in Man and BHX closures at all mate.

The accountants say BACX runs at a loss.

1. To try and generate insecurity / fear (and rumours like this) to support their "you should think yourself lucky you have got a job approach".This is supposed to lay the foundations for steam rolling in the efficiency (read work harder for less) measures mentioned above.

2. They attach massive Waterside overheads to achieve this distortion (took lessons from Anderson Consulting).They used this to try and sell us the idea that the Man /Stn route (used to persuade Eastern to take the J41s) made a loss.The early and late STNs were typically 70% full (and not because tickets were cheap)...the answer was just to stop the middle rotation.

3. Because they have attached massive BAR losses to the ex BRAL / Brymon operations.Both the latter made a good profit.

4.Because they don't want expensive BA pilots taking commands on the RJs at Manchester (and if you look at the figures the 42 who initially bid are rapidly changing their minds).

Out of Manchester loads are the highest I have seen them (I have had to offload more people in the last month than I did throuhout 2002).Lots of club pax as well.

BA management might be stupid but even they are not that stupid