PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight International "Pilots must go back to basics>"
Old 19th Apr 2014, 18:44
roulishollandais

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New pilots' profile

Please, Leftlook, do you know if any poster opened a thread on PPRuNe about the Kyrgystan crash ? I found nothing with the PPRuNe/Google search tool.
EDIT : Oh, I found it
http://www.pprune.org/military-aircr...h-bishkek.html

I am concerned with dutch roll since 1979, and since 1992 I try -without success- to explain the need to train airline pilots to dutch roll, and how.

The 1500 pages report which is not public seems to recognize that lack of formation and training and information. It is a great improvment, if really they modify the training and the procédures.

It seems that master's of psychology did not helped the copilot flying, and the majored Captain in engineering could not overcome better the dutch roll.

It seems that the stability augmentation system had a failure and started the dutch roll. So we typically have a new problem with FBW, which must be masterized not only with basics, but with specific Learning.

Last edited by roulishollandais; 19th Apr 2014 at 22:46. Reason: I found the 2013 May in Kyrgystan/Manas/Bishkek/Chaldovar KC-135 crash thread