PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2014, 16:36
WillowRun 6-3

Location: Within AM radio broadcast range of downtown Chicago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Background

Having been only lurking on this thread, prudence might dictate I should keep it that way, but generally speaking posters on the thread appear to know quite deep and extensive stuff about the F-35 program. So, I'd like to ask a question. The only contextual condition is that I'm not a complete cynic (my oath of license to practice the profession of attorney at law absolutely bars one from lying to a court (among other prohibitions) and so too, in public advocacy, there is a duty of candor).

Suppose someone with no axe to grind, other than wanting to find the facts in the most objectively reasonable fashion within his or her ability, set out upon the task of studying and ultimately mastering the facts, issues and controversies of the F-35 program. What sources would you recommend such a person read?

As an exemplar of objective analysis, you may be acquainted with the work of US lawyer Kenneth Feinberg, to whom apportionment of common fund awards has been entrusted (such as to victims of the September the Eleventh attacks). As an exemplar of a reason to think such an objective analysis could exist in the real world, certainly many are aware that the current chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee is retiring, so, as of the convening of the next Congress, it is at least possible that there would be a New Kid in Town.

Last edited by WillowRun 6-3; 19th Apr 2014 at 16:38. Reason: Typo