PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2014, 08:57
milktrip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers guys excellent stuff.

When you say no duals in the front does that mean the front 'passenger seat' tail rotor pedals and pitch control lever were also removed or just the cyclic?

Interesting point about the liferaft John. I wondered about this and was just going to role up a ball of milliput, paint it orange a stow it under the rear bench seats, but I'll maybe look a bit further into this. This one will be in the white scheme but I'm hoping to complete a couple more in time (G-BAMF in management aviation colours. G-BAFD in Bond colours, I think this may have been used for lighthouse ops rather offshore oil & gas transport / shuttle. Oh, and maybe another north scottish Bölkow but I the luminous red, almost orange, colour) plenty to keep me busy

You mention the 212, I'm hoping to build a couple of these too. In particular G-BALZ in early bristows livery. Some info on the interior of the 212's would be handy . There are loads of photos available but trying to determine what the seating type and seating arrangement were has proven difficult. When in operation in the UK North Sea would the 212 (specifically G-BALZ) have canvas bench seating with 4 facing aft, another 4 facing front and 2 either side, just next to the doors, facing out wards. Or similar seating arrangement but with more substantial and comfier looking seats with head rests?

BEAS are another operator I was looking into but was quite interested in the alouette II operated by them but for the forestry spreading in the late 60's early 70's. again, plenty to keep me occupied...

Thanks and regards
Aaron