PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukraine calling for UN intervention
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2014, 02:11
N2erk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This isn't a straightforward issue- not like the soviet Prague spring or the US Bay of Pigs invasion. Take Yulia T for example- please-she must have an evil (or angelic twin). I read today somewhere that she was going to visit Donetsk today and talk and listen to the protesters and wanted to work together/peace& love&flowers/freedom etc etc and now she's creating her own army - I didn't read about that in the Geneva accord. She's an unindicted (sp?) co-conspirator in a US fraud/money laundering prosecution, reputedly has lots of $$ in multi accounts Exclusive: UK banks in row over Yulia Tymoshenko 'millions' - Crime - UK - The Independent ( I wish I could say the same!) was voted out of office in favour of Yanukovich, who she now accuses of being corrupt. This is just one of a panoply of questionable characters. We are told over and over about the Russian operatives in the East, but the head of EU intelligence (no nasty remarks please) Commodore Georgij Alafuzoff denies it EU:n tiedustelujohtaja: Venäjä ei ole asemoitunut sotilaallisesti Ukrainaan | Yle Uutiset | yle.fi or http://translate.google.ca/translate...26channel%3Dsb and from Kyevpost arrested protesters turn out to be locals Kharkiv officials: Detained protesters are residents of city and region .

Russian troops are massed menacingly on the border, but an NBC film team drove 800 miles and couldn't find them Tour of Ukraine-Russia Border Finds No Signs of Military Buildup - NBC News Most of the pictures I see of 'protesters' don't look like youths, but decrepit old people like me, albeit in camo. Maybe thats why they have some organizational ability.

Ukraine isn't some despotic wo**y country- it was for 20+ years a democracy. Issues are therefore far more complex and 'truth' very subjective. The US, Canada and EU encouraged the Maidan uprising, rather than preaching- 'suck it up and wait for the next election" like we all have to do in a democracy. Now we, or rather they, live with the aftermath.

Thus endeth the lesson..... (sorry about the print fonts, but I can't seem to change it)