PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a recommendation on Ferry Pilot(s)
Old 18th Apr 2014, 22:12
Irish21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A number of years ago I helped deliver a few corporate jets to Europe. There were quite a few prop deliver guys along the northern route. I would suggest you contact the companies that deal with the tax paperwork for the aircraft to enter Europe (they also handle all of our customs paperwork). We flew into Bergen, Norway for tax purpose (tax is cheaper) sorry but I cant remember the company we dealt with but I am sure if you contact the local fbo they might be able to give you their number to get advise from them on a good ferry pilot. The other country we flew into was Scottland on another delivery jet trip (cant remember the airport just remember we were the only plane, large airport with no traffic another airport for tax reasons).

You could also contact the Fbo's at airports like Goose Bay, Canada, Frobisher Bay, Canada, Sonderstrom Greenland, as they might be able to suggest a few of the good ferry pilots. I know we met a Germany Ferry pilot in Greenland who has done a tremendous amount of prop delivers to Europe, seemed very professional, very knowledge about the conditions etc.

Make sure you get insurance coverage and even check with the company to confirm the crossing is covered as the loss of pilot/aircraft on those crossing is quite high.

Enjoy your new plane!

Last edited by Irish21; 19th Apr 2014 at 09:39.