PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukraine calling for UN intervention
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2014, 22:06
rh200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a very conclusive or persuasive argument since every Ukraine male has to do compulsory military service (either one year as a soldier or two years as an officer).
Close enough, considering the quality of Ukrainian troops we have seen so far, the so called "non Russian" soldiers are an order of magnitude better trained.

I am not claiming that there are no Russian soldiers in Ukraine, but I take a very jaundiced view of the claims made by UK and US politicians about Russian soldiers in Ukraine as they have been caught lying too often before
What can you say, situation normal, the "truth" is always modulated, for public comsuption. The trick with this one is to watch as many of the independent reporters as possible. The fact there has been a few minor stuff ups by the various "non Russians" have put it from the we know what your doing relm into fact.

The west also assumes it has the right to invade or attack other nations, for example Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya. They also wanted to attack Syria but luckily thanks to President Putin that never happened.
"The west" is not an entity Ronald, thats your first problem, creating a boogy man to satisfy your need for an enemy. The west is a collection of countries who can barely agree on anything let alone invade countrys.

America definaitly knows it has no right to invade countrys, thats why it goes to extreme length to find legal grounds, when it sees the need.

I would imagine if we go back and look carefully one will find that the uprisings in Libya and Syria were also western created events just to create the false need for military attacks by the west.
Created would be a bit strong, but supported would be better, something that they had a hand in was Egypt as well. The only reason they have gotten their hands dirty in any of those conflicts is when the authoritys have responded with atrocities. Something I don't disagree with in principle, just the trigger point.

We have only ourselves to blame for this mess because we did nothing to support the former democratically elected President of Ukraine, and stood by while he was toppled.
No we chose to support the democratically elected parliment.

It is inevitable now that Ukraine will split.
Only if Russia keeps its finger in the pie and keeps its forces their. As has been stated before, the demographics do not lie. The Russians don't have the numbers in the east, yes their are smaller enclaves you could use, but not whole large regions. Polls before this mess clearly show this.