PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA "The Election" (merged)
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2003, 07:04
axiom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woomera;

I promise not to antagonise you. I was just a little upset that's all.

Brian;

Look at who has a relative in seatbelts and CASA, again, are you going to be a one man band on this matter or will the fiddlers at AOPA help instead of watching the ship burn?

To everyone;

It has taken me some time to finally get a reply to the insurance problem which we have been told is of so much importance. I was still under the impression that we were uninsured.

NOT TRUE.

Part of the problem was that I wasn't lied to, but simply not told. However upon talking to some of the Board members it transpires:

Marjorie unilaterally ordered the AOPA Forum shut down, because she was unable to renew Directors Liability Insurance, and her concern for her personal financial liability. The rest of the Board were NOT consulted.

Chris McKeown SUCCESSFULLY negotiated the insurance renewals, once the audited accounts, in a form agreed by EVERY Board Member, except Marjorie, (that is, Pike, Hamilton, McKeown, Kennedy, Lawford and Rudd), were presented to the insurance Company.

I am told if anybody doubts the accuracy of this information, they should ring Marjorie and ask her why she, nobody else, closed down the forum.

This flies in the face of what has been alluded to here on Pprune.

Who called me paranoid ?