PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukraine calling for UN intervention
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2014, 13:37
Lonewolf_50

Received 416 Likes on 259 Posts
Originally Posted by Trim Stab
Not a very conclusive or persuasive argument since every Ukraine male has to do compulsory military service (either one year as a soldier or two years as an officer).

I am not claiming that there are no Russian soldiers in Ukraine, but I take a very jaundiced view of the claims made by UK and US politicians about Russian soldiers in Ukraine as they have been caught lying too often (Kuwaiti incubator babies, Jessica Lynch comedy stories, MI6 dodgy dossier).
Nice combination you provided us with:
The italics highlighted stuff is a non sequitur. You have chosen as your presumption the reverse halo effect, which adds up to serious confirmation bias. Your argument/refutation fails.

Another point: one year conscripts may or may not be able to retain enough professionalism to informally handle these infiltration situations without a well established command structure and task training. Most of us who have served in uniform will bet the under on folks with one year of compulsory service being disciplined to that degree.

Professionals who train for such tasks have both the task training and command structure to retain their discipline.

The streetwise professor's analysis is far more complete and supported than your throwaway.

Not even a nice try, though I'll agree with you that it's most likely a mix of Russians and some locals on the pro Russian social demographic.