PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON -3
Thread: MANSTON -3
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2014, 13:08
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sir Roger said: "Mrs Gloag made the point that she can't go on running an airport that's continually losing money.
Then why the f*ck did she buy it?

"The bottom line is that she wants to sell the airfield and if a buyer comes along in the timeframe - which is getting shorter by the minute - and can make a fair offer, she will sell."
"a fair offer" ... by who's interpretation?

To be fair, if I picked up a bargain for one pound when it might be worth a million or whatever I'm not likely to sell it for two pounds just to show a profit and keep the public happy, I'd want a realistic market value for it.

Several airlines have pulled out of the airport and taken their business elsewhere, including airline KLM which ran two daily flights to Amsterdam.

Newmarket Holidays, which offers flights to Verona and Naples in Italy, said it would move its Kent departures from Manston to Lydd Airport from June.
But there we have it, AG has seemingly made no attempt to sell the airport as a going concern, she's cut it's throat by announcing it's imminent closure and what few airline customers the airport had have buggered off.

What idiot is likely to offer big bucks for an airport that has few if any customers?