PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA City Express BHX & MAN - Latest "Rumour"
Old 26th Apr 2003, 06:46
Amazon man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For all you Ppruners interested in the facts, as we the employees of BACX know them so far.

New Measures To Boost Financial Performance

Key Points Phase 1

1. Deliver £20 million of savings, of which at least £7million must be achieved in this financial year.

2. Increase productivity by 5%

3. Remove unnecesssary duplicated activities and management layers.

4. Achieve an 8% operating margin-8p of profit for every £1 of revenue generated.

5. Reduce headcount by 120 manpower equivalent.

Phase 2

To complete a commercial review and a management & organisational review by June, together with a fleet & network review by mid May. The fleet and network review will focus on ensuring the optimum deployment of each type of aircraft on the most appropriate routes. It will also examine growth opportunities on the key markets which BA serves.

Basically BACX has got between 12 & 18 months to start making a positive addition to BAs profits or its sold or closed.

Now you know as much as us the employees know. To all my colleagues working for BACX please stop knocking the airline and its management lets all start pulling in the same direction if you have things to say to them then pick up the phone and tell them directly, in my experience they will listen.

This new airline BACX has a real opportunity to grow into an airline to be proud of, we will all have our part to play no matter how big or small but in can be achieved in the time frame given. As flight deck and cabin crew we have all seen where cost savings can be made but in future don't ignore them tell the management, report it and follow up all reports to make sure action is being taken.

I fully expect BA to come out of the present world wide airline crisis as one of the strongest and best placed in the near future lets make sure BACX is there alongside them, then maybe we can look forward to operating some shiny new Embraer 170/190s