PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2014, 01:45
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DK & 'other safety related matters' cont..

004:
Mr Klein barely scratched the surface, however what he has highlighted should be considered to be 'sending up the red flags'.
Red flags indeed 004.. Or to put it another way (& despite Beaker's 'beyond all sensible reason' approach..) James Reason's Swiss Cheese holes are aligning..
After my retirement in 2008 I also made a formal submission to the Senate inquiry hearings on CASA management to again express my concerns regarding the lack of Qantas airworthiness audits, but from the information I have received recently the current regulatory oversight by the Sydney office may have been degraded even further.
If we refer to the submissions page from the FF admin inquiry in 2008...Submissions received by the Committee as at 18 September 2008...you will see that Mr Klein's submissions are at the top of the page. The supplementary submission begins with...
Dear Senate Inquiry Secretary,

Please find attached the response to my email from Bruce Byron, that I would like attached to my formal senate inquiry submission dated 06 June 2008. Needless to say I'm not happy with the response and it's use of motherhood statements about current airworthiness regulatory oversight resources and use of Safety Management Systems (SMS) as a future solution by CASA. Transport of Canada were the first to implement the SMS regulatory oversight approach about five years ago and from the reports I have read it has been an abject failure.

Regards,
David Klein

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 4:43 PM
Subject: Virgin Airlines international announcement [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
For David Klein
David,

Bruce Byron has asked me to forward the attached letter from him in response to your email concerning CASA's oversight of Qantas and others out of the Sydney office.

Regards

David Andersen
Adviser
Office of the CEO
And the following is the Byron correspondence to DK:

Then if we go to part of the evidence given recently by (TIC: Our resident {quote: militant..} unionist) Fedsec Steve...
[YOUTUBE]
And here as...

Additional information from Australian Licenced Aircraft Engineers Association, received 20 March 2014.

You begin to see that certain sectors from both sides of the industry divide are indeed singing from the same hymn sheet...

So yes () miniscule TICK TOCK!