PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V1,reverser deployed,go or nogo
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2014, 00:42
172_driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am even more concerned with comments that arrive at two different conclusions since to me it is clear that they are not both equal. I would be content if this question and decision making never came up in the first place since we appear not to have agreement and further discussion is sure to create even more confusion.
Who can with certainty draw any conclusions at all? There are testimonies in this thread that it's possible to continue based on sim experience. But the fidelity is questionable? Some real world examples (Lauda, Cranbrook), although not technically identical, suggest that it wasn't a good idea to attempt flying with an open TR. There is none that lived to tell the tale what happened at a post V1 thrust reverser deployment. Even if it is possible to continue in one type (say MD80, thrust close to C/L), the same may not be true if a TP went into Beta-range. No one size fits all.

I think the discussion has been very informative and even if I haven't made any absolute conclusions I have expanded my mind about such a scenario. I have also learnt about FAR25.933. My type have redundancies in place to not generally worry about TR deployment. Therefore no training is in place to manage such a thing.