PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V1,reverser deployed,go or nogo
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2014, 23:56
lomapaseo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Again, Lauda doesn't enter into the OP original question. It was true that the original cert basis did not adequately cover that event and that it was later deemed that average pilot training could not accommodate a Lauda event in climb. (things happen too damn fast for the pilot to figure out the right controls).

However The KE A300-600 event did show that an exceptionally experienced pilot could recover a large twin at similar conditions by continuing the roll 360 degrees.

Since we don't count on exceptionally experienced crew the rule was modified as stated above.

However my arguments are confined to the knowledge we have today that suggest that an average pilot can safely accommodate a reverser deployment at V1 by continuing the takeoff. With knowledge of statistics I must say that this is the safer course of action.

I am even more concerned with comments that arrive at two different conclusions since to me it is clear that they are not both equal. I would be content if this question and decision making never came up in the first place since we appear not to have agreement and further discussion is sure to create even more confusion.