PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Habsheim
Thread: Habsheim
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2014, 18:44
HazelNuts39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CONF iture
In other words, which data are erroneous and/or 'adjusted' ?
5. None of them

But you are constantly changing the subject. The issue was Valphamax, where you disagreed with me, and you have not answered my question: How would you define Valphamax?

P.S.

RE:: "Load factor increase should reveal a change of path, from level flight to climb ... where is that altitude gain ?"

The story begins with a descending path. At t=2.5 seconds the descending path has changed to level flight, then begins to climb. At t=4.75 seconds the altitude has increased 5 ft and is again equal to that at t=0. Between t=0 and t=4.75 the vertical speed changes from approximately -2.5 ft/s to +4 ft/s, i.e. a change of 6.5 ft/s in 4.75 seconds is 1.37 ft/s/s. Divide that by the acceleration of gravity (32.17 ft/s/s), add 1 and you get an average loadfactor of 1.043 in that period.

However, allowance must be made for the resolution of the graph in the BEA report. The whole graph is 1550 x 965 pixels. The scale of the radio altitude trace is about 1 foot per pixel, and the pen trace is about 3 pixels wide.

Last edited by HazelNuts39; 19th Apr 2014 at 21:23. Reason: P.S.