PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V1,reverser deployed,go or nogo
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2014, 21:20
cosmo kramer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see I missed some replies before posting the last two posts, sorry for not being careful reading, Artie and tdracer.

Artie, you already tried it in sim. Was it NG or Classic? Did you do it at V1 or after being airborne? How violent was the yaw?

Also, what would be the reason that my old company required to include revs unlock in emergency briefing for Classic. The info I got in the old company was that it was only a severe problem on Classic. Why would it be more important to shut the engine down on Classic, than on NG? I can only imagine the reverser design differs that much to make a huge difference in idle thrust? Or the general performance of the remaining engine? Or that the idle function of the classic (not mentioned in the QRH btw) is slower reacting than the EECs?

We had that example mentioned above mandatory in a simulator session (reverser unlock in 1-200 feet). It's years ago, so my mind is not clear on the details. Didn't fly Classic for ages now (unfortunately, love it!). What I do remember is, as said, that it was a non issue, if immediate action was taken.