PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Opps over Eastbourne
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2014, 16:53
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Didnt want to start yet another new thread..

But the air activity over the north of England yesterday was interesting for these Spartan times- I had highlighted before the high altitude goings on and one or two on here were helpful. So yet again twice we had the very high altitude high speed American F15s overhead in a left hand finger four formation heading south eastish at high speed, this time managed to see them through the binos. You hardly ever see 4 military aircraft in formation at altitude, ever.
Weather was clear. Amazing to see these contrails and the aircraft in this clarity. Two waves, or the same mob at different times?, with the weaving number 2.
I kept on scanning and think I saw a drone, predator type or such and this would be heading toward the Otterburn or Spadeadam ranges but at high altitude.
But I'm not sure, could have been something else, but I'm in the ballpark I think..never seen one before in the UK.
Am I right?

Today, 2 medium altitude Typhoons only over Northumberland. Nothing else to report from our new age meagre Armed Forces.