PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2014, 12:48
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
His problem is that the type is an (SIC) is not a type that is recognized by many of these contracts, I had a "circling VMC only" restriction on one of my types and I had to get it removed before I started working here, I was lucky in the sense that I was currently flying the airplane and a check airman on it so one of the FAA designee from the company watched me shoot a couple of approaches and he removed it. We do have a lot of guys with every kind of A/C on their certificate but the SIC type is something the FAA came up after ICAO wanted a worldwide standard that all crew members had to be typed on the airplane, this happened a few years ago so the FAA in all their wisdoms came up with a cheap type that requires less training thus saving the airlines money in training, the problem is that everywhere else it is worth the plastic it's printed on Unlike my case, you are not currently flying the A/C so it would pretty much be a full type rating course that will run you $12K.......!

Have you consulted with the contract companies? They require a type without restrictions and you have more than one on your certificate that are unrestricted, they might accept that, I don't know if the line guys will have the answer to that.
Well, outside of dusting your 727 manuals and have your wife not speak to you for a month