PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2014, 11:58
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't doubt that its made progress, but still has a long way to go. I was most concerned by this comment from Keith Williams
Without wishing to diverge from the thread LptP, I think I need to make a point for the benefit of others here who are considering BA and are now perhaps alarmed by your statements.

KW's comments are being made at a time when the company is deep in pay negotiations and frankly it is struggling to convince its employees to accept the RPI increase that is on offer ( I believe Unite rejected the latest offer about a month back). The CEO is well aware any announcement will be pounced on by the Unions and so he is hardly likely to say... "everything is wonderful, there's no pressure on the cost base". The CEOs/CFOs of all airlines have made (and will make) similar gloomy pronouncements when it suits them and I would not recommend making life and career changing decisions based on such statements.

IMHO the big risk/big threat for anyone joining BA isn't the company going broke, it's the fact that the pressure to drive costs down will erode T&C's, scheduling agreements, etc, down to the level of that seen at some of the LoCo's....

Last edited by wiggy; 15th Apr 2014 at 17:19.