PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should we laugh or cry? Government pays Microsoft £5.5m to extend Windows XP support
Old 15th Apr 2014, 09:06
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windoze admin was not able to grasp these advance concepts easily and they constantly kept breaking stuff because there was no technet article for them to follow by rote which put them in the dangerous situation of having to think for themselves
Well the world moves on but obviously the type of people don't.

I once spent a day trying to teach 2 of them the concept of how the dot files work. Two days later they were removed for the sudo group and put back into the dip**** group and given up as a lost cause. They had all the solaris training books but still 6 months later they couldn't manually mount a volume or for that matter seem to grasp how we could ln a common directory into 40 pc users home directory's without having to give them all another network drive in 10 seconds while drinking a can of coke and only typing with one hand in the project managers office on his spark5. Apparently you need at least two state of the art lcd monitors, an ergonomic wrist support, a special admin keyboard, a fancy chair to sit on and a blue shirt which says "Microsoft MSCSE qualified" on its left tit.

It just shouldn't be possible with a pair of cargo shorts, A t-shirt which has "I am root, if you see me laughing you better not have store any thing important on your local disk." on a goldfish bowl 10 year old 10kg monitor with a mouse that requires a holographic grid to work and a keyboard that you can bang nails in the wall with, while standing drinking pop using a command line text editor.

For the first time in years I have just had a look at the geek gear, its expanded incredibly.

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/anyone_who_t...14869261963111

I would if I could get that one changed for our passenger services lady's

Last edited by mad_jock; 15th Apr 2014 at 10:32.