PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GSS contract with BA terminated
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2014, 08:02
zeddb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The trade and industry secretary is doubtless aware of the situation and equally does not give a tiny stuff. The union tried to bring the whole thing to the attention of government and absolutely nothing has happened so I wouldn't put any hope in that direction. We are operating in a globalized industry and UK jobs are expendable if they can be done cheaper elsewhere and especially if doing so increases the profits and bonus payments of the management.

I hope that IAG have good luck chartering an Antonov when they suddenly have to shift something that won't fit into the side door of a 777 and I hope that their employees continue to appreciate their logic when one fine day they decide that it is cheaper for Emirates to fly their long haul services and BA becomes a virtual airline.

I missed my last trip as I had to suddenly go into hospital for an op, so before I sign off for ever, just to say it has been a pleasure. To all my colleagues on the flight deck,in operations, the loadies and engineers. All the best to the guys going to the Middle east, the 787 and those few staying on the 747. To the others I hope something comes along soon and to those taking retirement, especially the BA over 55 club, enjoy it, it was a pleasure to know you all. To the secondees, even you A340YY, enjoy the 320/777 and I hope you had a good time with us.

And that's that.

Last edited by zeddb; 15th Apr 2014 at 13:44. Reason: spelling