PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta B747-400 in Darwin last Sunday Morning???
Old 14th Apr 2014, 16:43
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
busdriver007

That little exercise and everything about it is the usual disgraceful bull**** we have come to expect from Canberra.

To be fair to CASA, and is increasingly hard to be so, they are equally uncomfortable about a number of Government Depts particularly Defence and Immigration aviation travel arrangements let to overseas companies in this mode.
I am given to understand that CASA are told to go play with the other children as this is Government big kids stuff and none of their business.

The US vote for their local sherif.

I could go on, but one example was the plan by Immigration to deport a very bad person back to an Eastern European country which required 6 or 8 "guards". Notwithstanding the capability being within Australia the brokered job at a substantially cheaper price was going to go to, and you guessed it, an Eastern European operator.
Who cares about the bad guy it was the Australians on board that were my concern, and the bad guy probably, for all they would have known, owned the operator anyway.
The plan was subsequently abandoned.

The brokers who arrange all this for the Government couldn't give a tinkers for aviation standards, they are only interested in the commish.

CASA have their hands tied.