PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Jerez Instructor Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2014, 14:02
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
his wife cannot get a job over there as they will not employ anyone if the position can be filled by a Spanish national who has the same skills.
How is this permitted under EU law? I work in the UK and am surrounded by Spanish colleagues as I was whilst working with a Portuguese organisation recently.

The airline clients expect the best training for their selected cadets - and pay for it.
I'm not convinced they do to be honest; irrespective of who pays for it, it's all about the bottom line.

Little expense is spared during airline type rating and line training. Why at the important ab initio stage?
Is the ab-initio stage seen as important these days? I've seen some particularly weak individuals who were nursed through type training by their 'sponsoring' company for various reasons. In these cases the training providers were encouraged to do their best to 'help' these candidates achieve a licence so that the TRTO could bring them up to speed later.

Of course, for each of these cases there were a large number of highly competent, capable and motivated individuals who achieved success through sheer effort and determination.