PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CEBU PACIFIC SKYPE INTERVIEW
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2014, 13:13
pinoyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry rejected

i went to caap / cebu pacific november of last year. the inspector at the caap gave me a list of all the papers i needed to get my philippines temp atp etc...
i asked him "sir are you sure they are serious about hiring pilots and do i have a chance "? he looked at all my licenses : FAA ATP multi engine and single engine land and sea, faa flight instructor single, multi and instrument, flight dispatcher, ground instructor advanced and instrument, ive even passed the written flight eng turbojet and flight navigator ! also atp from canada, first class medicals, radio operator licenses etc i hold the permanent resident visa in the philippines, have the nbi, tin, sss , drivers license all that. oh i also have a PIC b737 a320 and SIC CE500
have 2800 total time and 104 hours multi... he said "very good" and i would say 99.9% chance of getting a job in the philippines. i said ok thank you sir because this requires alot of time and money getting all these papers etc.... well i went and did the atp written and a320 ,roc-a etc gave my resume (very nicely done with classy paper and folder etc) two times in person to cebu pacific (in nov 2013)
i also sent in via email 5 or 6 times to the girls you mentioned. no reply. then i saw a job post for the a330 and had a "darlenny" as the contact. so i sent her an email and was immediately offered a job as f/o on the a330. i was in the usa at the time so i returned to the philippines and spoke to her in person. she offered me an interview for the following week and to wait her email for details etc. this was wednesday and on monday i sent her an email as reminder. no reply, 9 days later (wed) i sent another email asking for interview date, no reply !!?? so friday i called her and she said i wasnt qualified for the job !! OMG i gave them my resume' 6 or 7 times and now she tells me that? why didnt she simply answer my emails 2 weeks ago! so lazy. so i complained that this was fraud and they offered me a chance on the atr. so again went thru the headache of a skype interview (two weeks to complete) waiting for them to call me at internet cafe for 2 hours and never contacting me etc. or she would say " i will call you in 15 minutes" and then i would wait two hours and give up... finally got thru and was mostly questions that are easily answered on my resume. also why couldnt they have simply called me on the fone ?! how much does a call cost from manila to my place? 20 pesos for 20 minutes? today i just got an email back that i dont qualify !? WTH ? to qualify for the atr they just want (according to their job posting on web) a commercial /ifr/multi , 500 hours total and 25 multi time ! i dont qualify! ay nako. there is a shortage of pilots in the usa because the living conditions and pay are so poor and i just retired (27 years as seaman) and wanted to work in the philippines , the country of my family and house etc. Now i will have to go back to the usa and be away from my lovely wife for a year at a time and maintain 2 houses etc OMG no, im gonna try viet nam or china first , i just cant afford to live in the usa with the small pay and high cost of living there.
you would think that cebu would want to hire all the pilots they can find for the atr and have them in line to work on their a320 a321 they have on order. also , think about how dumb they are... i sent an email to one of their recruiters anonymously and mentioned that china could not find pilots for the a330 as captain and they pay 20k a month and required 3000 total and only 500 hours in the a330 and cebu wanted for f/o 3000 total and 1000 in the plane and pays 4000 a month, how do they expect to find pilots?! i should have just stayed home and watched telenovelas with my asawa and avoided all this work and money i spent on plane tickets, hotels, tests, time, grief ,waste, all of it
i wish i was 25 again, i would study pharmacy ! 40,000 real jobs available right now and 100k a year salary (in usa)

sux dude

Last edited by pinoyboy; 15th Apr 2014 at 23:45.