PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 G-LBAL helicopter crash in Gillingham, Norfolk
Old 13th Apr 2014, 22:31
HLCPTR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B Bob,

I suspect your earlier referenced to 0/0 takeoffs was in the venerable SFTS (non-visual UH-1 simulator). Been there and got a bunch of T-Shirts!

Now, would you, or have you, done such a take-off for real? In the aircraft in actual 0/0?

I have to suspect not.

That was a simulator training maneuver and nothing more. Good to build up confidence but I strongly suspect you would not get a flight release for it in those actual conditions.

So it is not relevant to your inquiry. Vmini is what is is - a limitation. To go about outside of that limitation takes you to a place where the test pilots either did not venture or did not want to see again. It may not be your intention, but you appear to condone operations outside the RFM limitations.

As to this particular aircraft, unless someone has the exact configuration, we do not know its precise capabilities, many of which would not be relevant to this unfortunate scenario (the availability of SAR functions are not intended for departures from just anywhere).