PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Circuit/pattern spacing Q
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2014, 22:30
Andy_P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. Always 'look' with your ears.
2. Never extend downwind. I you do, that will cause heaps of trouble for others.
3. Extend upwind if necessary, but do tell ATC.
4. If someone is doing mega circuits, note their call sign and speak on the ground.
5. Go around at circuit height is the one ahead is flying an enormous circuit. Tell ATC.
6. Personally, I will cut in very tight, but not if the one ahead is on finals. He has priority.
Number 3... This is what I should have done. The thought never occurred to me at the time. I fly out of a CTAF aerodrome, so no ATC to inform.

Number 4, well I am a bit uncertain about quizzing someone unless I am completely sure. Being an student, I don't want to jump to conclusions, I would rather ask first. The guy did a full stop after me, which was annoying because had I known I would have done a few more circuits. I overheard him and his passenger talking, and I think he might have been a flight instructor training the other guy, although I cant be certain.

Hey thing, I love the video BTW. I noticed the number of stripes increasing along the way!