PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A polite request for aviators of a certain age
Old 13th Apr 2014, 18:16
LesleyP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightning Lady

At the risk of getting shot down by the old and the bold (it happens all the time!), my late husband's log books were microfiched at IWM Hendon and copies of certain photographic slides were done, then copies sent to Cosford as well. The kick-off was mention of XD818 when I was nattering to somebody or other at an aviation gathering and the whole thing gathered speed from there. Sorting out all RTH's album's, loose photographs, books from Halton days, etc., and trying to get them in order, has been sorely trying at times. However, the whole caboodle, including his blue flying suit from the Cold War, will be on display at Newark Air Museum - again (third time!), on 17/18 May this year. I look forward to meeting and talking to anybody who cares to stop and have a shufty - however brief. I have yet to put pen to paper re Richard Twyman Hayward's archival material as I'm being pressured (ever so lightly, but determinedly) to do my own service career for the WRAF archives.