PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 G-LBAL helicopter crash in Gillingham, Norfolk
Old 13th Apr 2014, 17:11
JimL

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
BB,

I find your attitude towards the UK in general, and the CAA in particular, vexatious. When you were operating on the 'twins-singles' thread I exchanged PMs with you explaining that the answer to your questions - i.e. the logic behind the rules requiring Category A in a hostile environment, had been explained in the first three pages of the thread. You responded with:

PM quote deleted: PMs are personal, not to be quoted in PPRuNe

SP

I am amazed that you cannot accept that to fly in visibility that does not permit maintenance of control by reference to visual cues (whether than be cloud or fog - both being defined in degrees of reduction of visibility) is poor aviation practice. Flying on instruments outside the confines of the RFM is equally foolhardy.

You might have flown in IMC unaided in the US forces - and I applaud you for that, but that is not something that we should, or need to, aspire to; or subject our passengers to. The rules that you denigrate, are not those of the CAA but of ICAO - no doubt you have an equally low opinion of them.

I do not work, for or speak, for the CAA - if you have any quarrel with any of their policies, you might wish to take it up directly with them. Pointing a sharp stick at the CAA when they cannot reply directly, in my view, equates to a cheap shot and is somewhat distasteful.

Jim

Last edited by Senior Pilot; 13th Apr 2014 at 20:31. Reason: Remove PM quote