PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should we laugh or cry? Government pays Microsoft £5.5m to extend Windows XP support
Old 13th Apr 2014, 11:22
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem won't go away by those in the know calling people names on the internet. You just have to accept the fact its not going to happen the way you want it and deal with what ever happens.
Wasn't calling him names by any means..... was using the term troll in the more generic term in so far as someone wishing to incite specific responses by way of posting hardline statements in a desperate attempt to gain support for a wildly incorrect point of view.

Had Beagle not spent his last few posts on this thread harking on about how its all about Microsoft greed then he may well have elicited a different response. Much the same way as he would get pissed off if I went round telling his ex-employer (RAF) how to do things, I think he too should be a little more careful about spouting nonsense about a topic he evidently knows next to nothing about. Or maybe if Beagle was running the RAF they would still be flying Spitfires and other legacy equipment in Afghanistan and Iraq because you can't ever phase it out, and there's nothing wrong with Spitfires in modern warfare ..... its all about the greed of the fighter manufacturers you know !

As you well know, he may also not necessarily need to junk his PC, but he does need to junk XP and that is not exactly going to break the bank is it for a Windows 7 or 8 license ?

He may well not be alone in his views, but that's no reason for those with more technical knowledge than the average Joe to correct them.... just politely sitting back and accepting that nonsense as an acceptable "alternative view" is just plain wrong. There is no debate to be had on the matter of XP, the technical evidence is 100% on the side of dumping XP .... therefore where the opportunity arises consumers need to be educated. Had Beagle written his views in another tone, he might have got a different form of response from me than what he has because of his one-man anti-microsoft war he's chosen to fight.

Last edited by mixture; 13th Apr 2014 at 11:33.