PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2014, 18:06
Luke_Stern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've also been following this year's FPP thread with great curiosity. Albeit merely as an observer, since I wasn't in a position to apply for 2013 / 2014 scheme. This way letting others - more informed and experienced candidates - usefully contribute to the debate.

@LastPastthePost and many other who didn't make the cut this year: It might be appropriate if I try to answer @JDA2012's question as to Why do we fall? - We fall so that we can bounce back. This way success will one day taste all the more sweeter … Learn from mistakes, apply new-gained knowledge and improve yourselves. And good luck.

@G-F0RC3 (and other successful applicants): I can honestly say it's been a pleasure reading through your posts, experiences and insights over the past 6 months. To me it comes as no surprise why such a great airline company as British Airways, decided to choose You. Definitely deserve it. Congrats. All the best with Your training and have fun.

Also many thanks to @MaydaMaydayMayday and other successful applicants from previous years that have been generously contributing to this year's thread by offering their advice and with their experience have helped others. Again, it comes as no surprise why BA has awarded you last year with this wonderful opportunity. Necessary key characteristics needed for a BA captain unapologetically shine through your posts … MaydaMaydayMayday, I didn't have a chance to personally thank you for advising on that Question of mine a few months back. Thank you, sir. It helped a lot. All I can do is apply, be honest, work hard, hopefully get an opportunity in front of BA recruitment board to explain my past mistakes and how they've helped me to better myself, and hope for the best.

The level of quality of successful candidate's profiles as it can be perceived from this and previous threads make me feel a bit timid that I'd have even a remote chance of being selected. But this way I thoroughly understand my aspiration why I'd love to fly for British Airways. An airline company is as good as are its employees. And BA set the standard very high. I'd probably be over the moon to be one day given a chance to fly the line with such exquisite group of future pilots.

@ThatGingerPilot: Thanks for volunteering to ask BA any questions at PFTE on behalf of others. Hope my Q isn't too late, but I'd like to ask whether there was anything said about BA running the FPP also in November of 2016? Or, will the last FPP selection phase commence in November of 2015? - There's been some misinformation about this. In following interview Mr. Lindsay Craig explained (link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW0rA7230-U ) about BA FPP being a five-year pilot recruitment strategy. This would suggest the last scheme should open in Fall of 2015 and successful candidates probably being informed of their selection in April of 2016. However BA representatives have been answering prospective candidates on this very question (see comments in following YT recruitment video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4nAFqVADts ) that BA plans on annually running this programme every year for the foreseeable future. This way suggesting the FPP will run in 2016, maybe even beyond. (I wouldn't like to miss this oppurtunity, but due to some of my contractual agreements I wouldn't be in a position to apply before Nov 2016. And even if selected, start training in Fall of 2017.) Thank you for any kind of information.