PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have around 300 pilots left RYR lately?
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2014, 13:40
Mr Boombastick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This latest effort is a sign of desperation, unfortunately it hasn't been thought through enough by management and, in my opinion will have little effect.

Ryr has seen unprecedented resignations recently due to the heavy recruitment of Norweigan, now things seem to be picking up in the sandpit this will only add to their woes. The RPG have brought various things to the attention of shareholders who are now putting pressure on management to do something to stop the haemorrhaging of experienced guys to competitors.

10 eur / hr pay rise from 2400 hrs to command is a tactic to tie guys in who are just about to be eligible to apply to Etihad and Emirates.
There will be some kind of contract involved, as there is no way are they going to just give guys an extra 10 eu an hour only for them to foxtrot oscar when something better turns up.
Its also worth baring in mind that this extra pay for the 6 months or so that you are being 'coached' prior to doing the course will ultimately mean a bigger pay CUT when you take the command.
It also doesn't cover the time that you will be receiving no pay whilst in the sim and classroom on the CU course.

I think its a JAA requirement for guys to have >3000 hrs to be in command of a Jar25 aircraft. Might be completely wrong but would explain why guys are going back to the rhs for a month or so. I also heard mention that it was to work out the notice of their BRK contracts prior to going onto a RYR contract.

There is a very simple way Ryr can stop guys leaving; Introduce a fair contract for everyone where the pay is inline with competitors. And, introduce a fair and transparent basing system.