PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 747-400 Go Around FMAs
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2014, 10:49
SMOC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is full CLB thrust a significant increase on the TOGA/2000fpm thrust?
It could be an increase it could be a decrease all depends on weight and how accurate the transition was towards 2000fpm I guess.

THR button I think you're correct it's been a while since I've thought about it.

For a very low level off or near level off, I'm spring loaded to press TOGA and immediately press VNAV as it's the window closing and jumping to over 200kts that I find most benificial in keeping the nose down. However if below 1000aal and unable to accelerate I choose V/S once the A/C has pitched up sufficiently, I just hit it while it pitches through 800-1000fpm, it slows everything down nicely especially bringing the thrust under control. Best briefed and thought about often as we all know GAs aren't always when we expect them, I also try and pause for a sec if I have time available to think about my actions after hitting TOGA. Did a GA at 900aal years ago but had time to think so within the next 3sec hit TOGA then LNAV then VNAV was the smoothest one I've ever done levelled off at 2000' as instructed by ATC.