PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet MPL 2014 OAA/CTC
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2014, 10:24
Chris the Robot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The vast sums involved here, not just the actual cost of the course but the fees for interviews/assessments clearly indicate more than just supply outstripping demand. I think one of the reasons for the course fees being so high is the BoE Base Rate staying at 0.5%. If BoE was at 10%, very few would be able to afford the interest on the loan, never mind the repayments!

At pretty much every interview for a "professional" career I've attended (everything from IT to the Merchant Navy) the hiring company has offered to pay expenses I incur travelling to the interview. Even when the odds at initial application have been worse than 50-1, they've still offered to reimburse those who they choose to interview. I have never been asked to pay for an interview/assessment.

Whilst I admire those who want to follow their dreams, the fact that people are being charged to attend an interview/assessment for a training programme designed to lead to a job is, IMHO, just wrong. I genuinely wish the best of luck to all those who apply though.

Last edited by Chris the Robot; 12th Apr 2014 at 10:50.